Hooked on Phonics® Learn to Read Levels 7&8 Complete includes both 2nd Grade levels in the complete 8-level Learn to Read series.
- Level 1: Early Emergent Readers (Pre-K)
- Level 2: Early Emergent Readers (Pre-K)
- Level 3: Emergent Readers (Kindergarten)
- Level 4: Emergent Readers (Kindergarten)
- Level 5: Transitional Readers (First Grade)
- Level 6: Transitional Readers (First Grade)
- Level 7: Early Fluent Readers (Second Grade)
- Level 8: Early Fluent Readers (Second Grade)
Designed to help your child learn the building blocks of reading, Learn to Read Levels 7&8 Complete covers:
- Levels 5&6 Review
- Long Vowel Sounds with “e”
- Vowel Teams Like “ee,” “oa,” “ai,” “oy,” “au,” and “oi”
- “r”-controlled Words
- “y” at the End of a Word
- Diphthongs and Complex Consonant Blends Like “igh” and “spl”
- “wr-” and “kn-”
- Soft “c” and “g”
- Two-Syllable Words
- 36 New Sight Words
This set includes:
- 6 Original Storybooks written to reinforce the skills your child learns in the program
- Kate and the Talent Show
- My Giant Bunny
- How Do We Get There from Here?
- This Book is Broken
- The Puppy Look
- Shoes in the Night
- 2 Bonus Books by the award-winning children's book authors Michelle Knudsen and Carolyn Crimi
- Smart Shark by Michelle Knudsen
- The Swish-Smacker Dirt Hacker by Carolyn Crimi
- 2 Workbooks that will guide you and your child through all of the lessons and many fun activities
- 2 DVDs filled with music videos and fun introductions to each lesson, where letters come to life
- 2 Sets of Stickers to proudly display in the workbooks and celebrate reading success
- Online access to all video lessons PLUS bonus content on MyHop (My.HookedonPhonics.com)
Designed in conjunction with leading educators, award-winning authors, teachers and parents, Hooked on Phonics® Learn to Read uses a proven, simple, and fun method to give your child a strong foundation in phonics and reading skills.
- Learn: Your child learns to read new words by watching the videos and reading the workbook.
- Practice: Your child practices reading the new sound combinations and words in the workbook.
- Read: Your child puts it all together to read a great story.
- Celebrate: Celebrate success after each lesson and track your child’s progress!